Controller – Tampa, FL
Hui Huliau, a global Federal Government Contractor, is looking for an experienced Controller in its office in Tampa, FL. Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 10+ years of relevant experience in Government Contract Accounting dealing with complex intercompany transactions, multiple entities, various contract award types, and Deltek Costpoint.
- Manage all transactional and technical general ledger accounting activities for multiple entities inclusive of small businesses, 8(a), HUBZone, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, compliant with company policies and procedures and U.S. GAAP of all entities.
- Report to the Hui Huliau CFO and leadership team to provide monthly and quarterly accounting activities.
- Forecast and manage the company’s financial statements - individual and consolidated balance sheets and statements of operations and cash flow.
- Maintain and enhance the company’s indirect cost structure, ensuring compliance with government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Support the timely and accurate submission of annual Incurred Cost, Forward Pricing and Billing Rate proposals.
- Provide Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function for monthly/quarterly/annual variance analysis as well as annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Manage ongoing interactions with external and internal auditors to ensure audit issues are investigated, resolved, and remediated where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 10+ years of experience in Government Contract Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or CPA license is preferred.
- Deltek Costpoint experience is required.
- COGNOS experience is preferred.
- Experience with complex intercompany transactions, elimination journal entries and consolidation of multiple entities is required.
- Experience with DCAA & DCMA audits and reviews.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, FAR/DFAR, and SBA 8(a) Program.
- Knowledge of various government contract award types, Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, as well as labor rates, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate well at all levels within the company.
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.