H2 is seeking a SATCOM Engineer to be filled at Fort Detrick, Maryland who will be primarily responsible for providing support to the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT).
The candidate will provide support to GAIT in day to day operations and monitoring of the Clients network equipment availability and performance, respond to alerts and trouble tickets, and perform trouble shooting tasks. Candidate will provide support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance
- Establish Teleport and RHN SATCOM services IAW TSOs, ASAs, GAAs, SAAs, COMSEC Callouts, Network Diagrams, Firewall Change Requests (FCR), Requests for Change (RFC), and any other documentation from the planning community.
- Respond to and assist the Government in interpreting Army Service Authorizations (ASAs), Satellite Access Authorizations (SAAs), Commercial Satellite Service Request (CSSRs), Operational Database Memorandums (ODM), Telecommunications Service Order (TSOs
- Experience to provide troubleshooting assistance in concert with remote terminal operators and to accomplish Tier II support requirements of all Teleport and RHN systems and equipment.
- Operate and Maintain Digital Communications Satellite Subsystem, Use Strong analytical skills with the ability to examine system configurations for proper or improper configuration.
- Other duties as assigned
- Configure satellite systems equipment to specifications by referring to mission configuration parameters; analyzing requirements while performing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols, configure, prepare, activate and test satellite systems per service requests 24hrs prior to start of any mission.
- Evaluate system performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency via the use of spectrum monitors and other testing equipment, plan and execute testing and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Correct deterioration or failure of any systems, equipment, links, trunks or circuits that are causing degradation or loss of telecommunications service to the users.
- Perform operator level PMCS on all satellite equipment per technical manuals, perform day-to-day operational checks of earth terminal equipment.
- Comply with defined security policies and procedures, monitor systems performance by observing monitoring and analysis tools, and perform tuning; troubleshooting of communication equipment problems; Inputting data into Master Station Log during dynamic mission loads.
- Support end users providing troubleshooting and issue resolution assistance in helpful responsive manner. Ensure customer satisfaction through the resolution of all issues and problems reported
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.