Pono Aina Management, LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking an Air Traffic Control (ATC) Quality Control Manager (QCM). This is a part time, remote position (work from home anywhere in the U.S.) with approx. five week-long trips to Camp Roberts, CA each year. The purpose of the visits to Camp Roberts is to conduct quality control inspections of the Air Information Center and assigned controllers; total annual hours are approx. 920. This position supports the Camp Roberts East Garrison Heliport for the California National Guard. The Air Traffic Control QCM ensures that controllers are following policys and procedures that allow for the safe, orderly, and expeditious handling of air traffic in the assigned airspace.
Conduct and Maintain Quality Control of the facility and assigned controllers; assigned controller essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Initiate and coordinate searches for missing aircraft.
- Inspect, adjust, and control communications equipment.
- Review records and reports for clarity and completeness; and maintain records and reports as required.
- Alert airport emergency services in cases of emergency and when aircraft are experiencing difficulties.
- Analyze factors such as weather reports, fuel requirements, and maps to determine air routes.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
- Contact pilots by radio to provide meteorological, navigational, and other information.
- Determine the timing and procedures for flight vector changes.
- Inform pilots about nearby planes as well as potentially hazardous conditions such as weather, speed and direction of wind, and visibility problems.
- Organize flight plans and traffic management plans to prepare for planes about to enter assigned airspace.
- Provide flight path changes or directions to emergency landing fields for pilots traveling in bad weather or in emergency situations.
- Compile information about flights from flight plans, pilot reports, radar, and observations.
- Transfer control of departing flights to traffic control centers and accept control of arriving flights.
- Complete daily activity reports and keep records of messages from aircraft.
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units, and other area control centers in-order to coordinate aircraft movement.
- Monitor and direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space to minimize delays and maximize safety.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Five or more years’ experience in Air Traffic Control Airspace Information Center Operations.
- Ability to be an ATCS Examiner.
- ATCS Certificate, Pink Card.
- Air Traffic Control AIC Rating.
- Must hold or be able to obtain an FAA Medical Certificate Second Class (Class II).
- Ability to supervise and conduct classroom and self-study training.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze the capabilities and progress of the ATC personnel assigned to that facility.
- Recommend to the facility chief and training supervisor those controllers who require proficiency or remedial training.
- Ability to ensures ATC systems, facility equipment and associated NAVAIDs are operationally acceptable.
- Ability to ensure facilities conduct training and rating programs according to prescribed regulations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance.
Desired Certifications and Experience:
- FAA CTO Card
- Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing experience
- Military service
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.