Pono Aina Management LLC, a subsidiary of Hui Huliau, is seeking a Construction Manager who will work with our project’s design team and supervise subcontractor construction services for installation of Photovoltaic Systems and associated engineering, civil, mechanical, and electrical subtasks. This position is located in Tampa, FL and includes travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties
Lead, manage and supervise all aspect of construction services. Anticipated work includes the design, procurement, shipment, pre construction, construction and installation of various systems and associated technical security, telecommunications, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumping and construction services necessary to meet the following requirements:
- 1.00MW DC New Staff Parking Vehicle Canopy-Mounted Photovoltaic System with 2500 kWh Energy Storage System.
- Official Vehicle Parking Electric Vehicle Charging System
- Integration with existing systems, as required
- Electric Vehicle Charging systems infrastructure
- Five rooftop mounted 20 and 25 kW DC Photovoltaic System with 15 to 20 kWh Energy Storage Systems
- Ground mounted 15 kW DC Photovoltaic System with 15 kWh Energy Storage System
- Operations and Maintenance task services, inclusive of qualified/manufacturer certified labor, tools, equipment, and spares; for the improvements and permanent facilities installed by the contractor during phases of work to include
- Compliance with OBO Building Code
- Compliance with host country’s local building codes, including zoning requirements and product standards in accordance with the OBO Design Standards
- Manage all equipment, labor, and materials necessary to complete the installation and activation of operational photovoltaic systems connected to and integrated with the existing electrical and diesel generation systems.
- Manage the procurement of all required system components including but not limited to modules, cable management, combiner boxes, fuse blocks and fuses, conduit, cabling, inverters, and AC combiner panel-boards found to be deficient in the original installations
- Supervise final connection to the switchboard/panel-board; determine a viable path for the power feeder and DAS wiring from the PV system. If using underground routing, provide underground conduit and cabling with hand-holes and pull boxes. The installation of these underground ducts may require selective removal and replacement of existing concrete, walkways, curbs, asphalt roadways, and penetration of existing concrete walls
- Coordinate with local electrical utility company to ensure that all local requirements are met for a grid-tied PV system.
- Manage request for direct connection of PV system to utility with metering capability. PV must have a single point of connection to utility; coordinate with the utility regarding installation of a utility-owned net meter
- Restore landscaping and irrigation system impacted by construction activities, to meet or exceed pre-construction conditions
- Provide for future electrical charging infrastructure to official parking spaces at the Embassy compound
- Coordinate and manage new duct bank construction with existing site utilities; survey existing site utilities and avoid disruption to existing services
- Install permanent TSS, to include security signal conduit, signal wiring, and technical security devices as required by the OBO Design Standards
- Identify pathways and provide conduits, cables, and connections for a DIN line from nearest TR to new PV monitoring equipment in Utility room
- Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning, and project closeout phases with a strong emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Analyze monthly construction schedule updates; develop progress payments based on schedule updates; develop and implement recovery schedules.
- Broad knowledge of skilled construction trades such as equipment operators, carpenters, plumbers, pipefitters, electricians, sheet metal workers, metal fabricators, masons, painters, and drywall installers
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in construction with emphasis in complex, fasttrack, or phased project delivery
- LEED accreditation preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects effectively, to manage cost control systems, review and analyze plans, facilitate the bidding/negotiations/buyout process with a general contractor, review all forms (bidding, construction, or other) of requests for information (RFI’s), examine and negotiate change orders, and review and comment on submittals
- Highly skilled in budgeting and scheduling
- Strong communication skills
- Independently write detailed reports and correspondence
- Office and field environments (construction site); with travel; anticipate 50-hour work weeks.
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.