Pono Aina Management, LLC is a subsidiary of Hui Huliau and is seeking a Custodial Services Supervisor supporting custodial services in Greenville, SC. In this position, the Custodial Services Supervisor is responsible for the implementation, execution, performance, supervision and sustainment of interior and exterior cleaning activities, custodial quality control program, safety program, vendor supervision and management, supply and material management and all associated tasks related to Custodian Services for approx. 190,000 square feet in a multiply story building. Ensures all services listed on the performance requirement summary are performed in a satisfactory manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision to approx. 7 assigned Custodians in the execution of their daily duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts performance reviews and performance counseling.
- Implements quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specifications and applicable regulations.
- Inspects and ensures all phases of the custodial services for conformity to established quality, health and safety, and other operational standards by performing on-going work for compliance with contractual provisions.
- Understands custodial industry practices and guiding principles.
- Knowledgeable of floor care to include carpeted, granite, marble, terrazzo and Vinyl Asbestos Tile (VAT) surfaces.
- Knowledgeable in the operation and general maintenance of custodial equipment such as carpet extractors, floor polishers, floor strippers, vacuums, pressure washers, etc.
- Knowledgeable of industry standards in the cleaning of kitchens, cafeterias, break rooms, office areas, common areas, elevators, escalators, stairways, shower rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, fitness centers, health units and holding cells.
- Knowledgeable of industry standards for trash removal and waste recycling.
- Develops and updates cleaning schedules.
- Develops plans, policy and procedures related to custodial activities.
- Develops custodial supply and material listings; maintains product safety data sheets.
- Ensures all services listed on the performance requirement summary are performed in a satisfactory manner.
- Supervisors vendors/subcontractors for annual exterior window washing, grounds keeping, snow & ice removal, etc.
- Communicates deficiencies to proper persons, maintains Quality Control files, and document results of all quality inspections.
- Reports safety hazards as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- This position is considered “Mission Essential” requiring a valid email address and phone number for after hour contact and subject to recall to duty at any time. As a mission essential employee, you may be required to perform duties during emergencies, disasters and other like events.
This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting with some outdoor work. May be exposed to dirt, dust, disagreeable odors and cleaning agents.
Pono Aina Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Certified Custodial Supervisor certification preferred.
- Two or more years previous leadership experience working in commercial custodial services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship status without sponsorship
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must agree to a background check/pre-employment drug screening
- Ability to work well with others and motivate people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Performs quality control inspections on a daily basis and as directed
- Must be able to perform moderate lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, walk, climb stairs and pushing is required.
- Demonstrate high energy, mobility, initiative, and drive to enhance operations and achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions and must be able to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surface
- Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.