Pono Aina Management, LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking an Air Traffic Controller Training Supervisor. This position is located at Camp Roberts, MTC, CA at the East Garrison Heliport for the California National Guard, and is a one-year assignment that is renewable. The Air Traffic Controller provides for the safe, orderly, and expeditious handling of air traffic in the assigned airspace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and coordinate searches for missing aircraft.
- Inspect, adjust, and control communications equipment.
- Review records and reports for clarity and completeness; and maintain records and reports as required.
- Alert airport emergency services in cases of emergency and when aircraft are experiencing difficulties.
- Analyze factors such as weather reports, fuel requirements, and maps to determine air routes.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
- Contact pilots by radio to provide meteorological, navigational, and other information.
- Determine the timing and procedures for flight vector changes.
- Inform pilots about nearby planes and potentially hazardous conditions such as weather, speed and direction of wind and visibility problems.
- Organize flight plans and traffic management plans to prepare for planes about to enter assigned airspace.
- Provide flight path changes or directions to emergency landing fields for pilots traveling in bad weather or in emergency situations.
- Compile information about flights from flight plans, pilot reports, radar, and observations.
- Transfer control of departing flights to traffic control centers and accept control of arriving flights.
- Complete daily activity reports and keep records of messages from aircraft.
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units, and other area control centers in-order to coordinate aircraft movement.
- Monitor and direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space to minimize delays and maximize safety.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Air Traffic Control Airspace Information Center Operations
- Ability to be an ATCS Examiner
- ATCS Certificate, Pink Card
- Air Traffic Control AIC Rating
- Must hold or be able to obtain an FAA Medical Certificate Second Class (Class II)
- Plans, schedules, directs, and supervises the facility training of assigned ATC personnel
- Be able to supervise and conduct classroom and self-study training
- Be able to develop local course material, training aids, and control scenarios to supplement and enhance the FTP
- Be able to evaluate and analyze the capabilities and progress of the ATC personnel assigned to that facility
- Be able to maintain training records
- Must be able to conduct position qualification evaluations
- Must be able to recommend to the facility chief those controllers who require proficiency or remedial training
- Must be able to ensure ATC systems, facility equipment and associated NAVAIDs are operationally acceptable
- Must be able to ensure facilities collect and safeguard data on aircraft mishaps, emergencies, or violations
- Must be able to ensure assigned ATC personnel maintain currency
- Must be able to ensure facilities conduct training and rating programs according to prescribed regulations
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance
Desired Certifications and Experience:
- FAA CTO Card
- Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing experience
- Military service
Pono Aina Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.