GAIT Mission Planner Job Summary
Program Manager Tactical Network (PM TN)/Product Manager (PdM) Mission Network needs a mid-level network engineer that will serve as a Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Mission Planner to perform the daily mission planning tasks and network functions at the GAIT Network Support Center (NSC). This position is 12hr day shift (2-on, 2-off, 3-on, 2-off, 2-on, 3-off) 84hrs every 2 weeks.
The candidate fulfilling these duties must be knowledgeable in the PM TN tactical terminals from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective. The GAIT NSC Mission Coordination Team is based out of the Fort Detrick, MD (Fredrick Maryland) area. This Team operates as a component of the larger GAIT NSC Team on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
GAIT is a colorless (transport) MPLS network that connects each of the U.S. Army Regional Hub Nodes (RHNs), multiple DoD Teleports (SATCOM only), and other points of presence together in support of a global tactical network. This network supports the U.S. Army in training, contingency and operational missions on a global scale. GAIT enables Commanders to set the conditions of the operational environment and has enormous impact on Battlespace awareness in terms of data dissemination, transmission, and access that ultimately empowers the forward-edge soldier with critical Mission Command Systems (MCS) laterally across adjacent units and through their higher headquarters and to lower Tactical Operations Centers (TOC) by transporting information to include Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) data.
The selected candidate will support management and technical coordination tasks with Army units (Soldiers, DA Civilians, DA Contractors) to determine specific GAIT mission needs and requirements. This includes:
- Participating in meetings, conference calls, task groups, teams, GAIT mission reviews and other environments to assist in GAIT mission collaborative.
- Preparing GAIT mission reports, and update presentations with GAIT mission specific metrics.
The selected candidate must possess superior communications skills, excellent management and organizational skills, and have the ability to perform detail-oriented work as required. The Network Engineer/GAIT Mission Planner position:
- May require travel
- Requires a Secret security clearance
Additionally, the selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Schedule, track and report all GAIT missions
- Maintain the master GAIT mission tracker - provides details to GAIT NSC personnel and Regional Hub Node (RHN) mission planners as needed
- Compile all GAIT mission requirements for the creation and modification of GAIT mission packets.
- Prioritize mission process flow on GAIT mission requested priority and PM Tactical Network guidance.
- Distribute all GAIT mission packets to mission participants.
- Inform GAIT NSC personnel of upcoming GAIT missions related events.