The Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) is an automated FSC2 system that processes, analyzes, and exchanges combat information among the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and other Joint architectures. AFATDS provides fully automated support for planning, coordinating, controlling, and executing fires and effects. It supports weapon systems such as mortars, field artillery cannons, rockets and missiles, close air support, attack aviation, and naval surface fire support systems.
- Performs routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Has knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Performs analysis of system operations.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must be available for assignment to OCONUS site. Generate customer related reports from multiple sources, for example Daily Activity Reports, Trip Requests, Trip Reports.
- Provides over – the – shoulder technical assistance upon request
- Ensure all incidents are posted in the Incident Reporting Module within the SIF; Interact with the customer on a daily basis. Distribute software updates. Support and assist as needed with hardware upgrades
- Must be capable of performing routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions and must knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- You will also performs analysis of system operations and perform fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must poses excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- With BA/BS minimum 3 years experience using AFATDS and AFATDS Family of systems.
- Without BA/BS minimum 6 years experience using AFATDS and AFATDS Family of systems.
- Security + CE certification IA Level II.
- Must be comfortable interacting with all military ranks from the newest soldier to the experienced leader. Other computer certifications i.e. A+, Network +, Server+, CCNA etc.
- Should have good interpersonal skills to interact with team members and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Other Skills Preferred:
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Ability to use MS Office
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Ability to use PC
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Multi-Tasking Abilitys
- ABCS Family of Systems Familiarity
- Tactical Internet and Mission Command System Experience
H2 exists to serve alongside the Warfighter. We strive to provide quality and value to the customer by employing skilled professionals who understand and anticipate the needs of a changing military landscape and respond with superior service. Everything we do is inspired by our enduring mission to create value and make a difference everywhere we engage.